If you are a state agency or a non-state agency you can accept online credit card payments through OGS Procurement Services' Electronic Value Transfer (EVT) Program. With this program you can collect fines, fees, rates, charges, taxes, interest, and penalties online. Examples of existing EVT programs include:
- Department of Motor Vehicles On-line Services
- Department of Taxation & Finance E-Payment Program
- Thruway Authority E-Z Pass
- City of New York, Parks & Recreation Athletic Permits and Applications
- Historical Society of the New York Courts Membership Fees
For questions related to this program, please email PS_SW_EVTA@ogs.ny.gov.
Using EVT Contracts
To use the EVT contracts you must complete an application (form and instructions) for each payment program regardless of the vendor you want to use. Each application is reviewed by OGS Procurement Services and is sent to the Division of the Budget for approval. Once approved, you can choose one or both contracts for processing your online credit card transactions: Key Merchant Services and American Express.
- With the Key Merchant Services LLC (KMS) contract you can process Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card transactions. A KMS Work Order Form (EVTA-2 KMS) must be completed to provide this service.
- With the American Express (AMEX) contract you can accept AMEX card transactions by receiving back-end settlement funds for these transactions. The AMEX Work Order Form (EVTA-2 AMEX) form must be completed to receive this service.
After your EVT program is running, you must comply with Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations because you are considered a merchant by the federal government who processes credit cards. Be sure to take the time to understand the requirements and complete the PCI Self-Assessment Questionnaire.
Authorized User Guide (PDF)
Fraud Prevent Tips (PDF)