For agencies that are customers of the BSC, the Purchasing Service Line provides assistance with issuing IFBs for one-time purchases. Visit the BSC website for more information today.
All discretionary purchases of $50,000 or more must be advertised in the New York State Contract Reporter. There are a few other things to keep in mind when making discretionary purchases as a state agency :
- Most agencies have a threshold of $50,000.
- When purchases are made from MWBE certified businesses or when purchasing recycled or manufactured technology or commodities, the threshold increases to $200,000.
- The threshold also increase to $200,000 for food commodities that are grown, produced, or harvested in New York State.
Helpful Resources For Creating Your Own Bid:
- Appendix A, Standard Clauses for New York State Contracts (docx)
- Appendix B, General Specifications for OGS Centralized Contracts (docx) - Please read the Appendix B Usage Note(pdf) prior to utilizing Appendix B (To Be Updated Soon).
- Invitation for Bids (IFB) Template for Commodities (docx)
- Invitation for Bids (IFB) Template for Services (docx)
- Piggybacking Agreement Template (docx)
- OGS MWBE Forms